Stefanie Robinson Receives Inaugural Teaching Fellows Award

NC State Poole College of Management presents the inaugural Teaching Fellows Award to Paul Mulvey, associate professor of human resource management, and Stefanie Robinson, associate professor of marketing. 

“The Poole College Teaching Fellows exemplify true excellence in management education,” said Richard Warr, associate dean for faculty and research. “In particular, fellows are at the forefront of innovation in their disciplines and they embrace the college’s goal of analytical problem solving and entrepreneurial mindset in their teaching.”

“They are able to document outstanding outcomes from their teaching practices and are willing to share their innovations and practices with their colleagues.”

To be considered for the Poole College Teaching Fellows, a committee examined curriculum vitae, teaching contributions, student evaluations and letters of peer support. The awards are supported by generous donations from supporters of Poole College.

Stefanie Robinson

Robinson has worked hard to help students learn strong analytical abilities and create entrepreneurial mindsets over 10 years at Poole College. Through her coursework, Robinson has allowed students to think as business leaders and be independent and creative through teamwork.

“I was honored to receive this award,” said Robinson. “It is always so wonderful to see how students benefit from the practices that are implemented in the classroom. And knowing that my practices help graduates have an independent, creative, and stronger analytical problem solving is absolutely the best outcome! I have learned so much from my colleagues in Poole.”

“I think the dedication and commitment to our students is incredible and it is amazing to be part of it.”

Alongside her teaching role, Robinson co-manages the Consumer Behavior Research Lab where graduate and undergraduate students gain exposure to the research process and have the ability to work firsthand with faculty on research in the marketing field. 

“I try to create an environment where students can be part of many different experiences and actively participate in the learning process,” said Robinson. “I believe active participation causes students to become more independent, action-oriented thinkers. My courses follow the Think and Do process, with a heavy emphasis on doing repeatedly.”

“I find that by giving students the opportunity to practice concepts utilizing different methods and give continual detailed feedback, they become more confident in the applied technique.” 

This post was originally published on Poole College of Management News.