Skip to main content
frequently asked questions marketing analytics

Admitted Students: Frequently Asked Questions

Here are a few Frequently Asked Questions -- and answers -- you need to know to be successful.

Your official admission letter from The Graduate School will state that you need to complete an immunization form, but part-time students are NOT required to complete these forms.

Each person affiliated with NC State University is assigned a Unity ID and Unity password. This is included in your official admittance email from The Graduate School.

Please note that your Unity ID is different from Campus ID.

The NC State University Office of Information and Technology (OIT) has a webpage dedicated to describing your Unity ID and Campus ID.

Our program requires all students own or have access to a laptop computer. Please note that some classes use software not compatible with Apple products, so if you opt for an Apple product, you may need to work with University IT support services to address compatibility issues.

Students will need access to a computer that will run application software compatible with MS Windows 10.

For more information and additional NC State recommendations on laptop purchases, please see:

Poole College Computer Information for Students

Students will receive tuition bills via email after they register for classes. The date you receive your E-bill will depend on when you were officially admitted by the Graduate School. Please be sure to add to your list of trusted senders. You may also check your bill by logging in to MyPack Portal. To login, you’ll need your Unity/User ID and password, which is contained in your official acceptance letter from The Graduate School.

You may pay your tuition bill online by credit card (ePay). The University accepts Master Card or American Express. However, Visa or Discover are not acceptable methods of payment. For more information, please see Payment Options. Please refer to the Cashier’s Office for information about due dates. Online students should refer to the distance education section of the Cashier’s Office page.

Half-time enrollment in a graduate degree program for federal student aid is defined at NC State as 4.5 credit hours. This means that you must be enrolled in at least 4.5 credit hours in order to borrow a federal student loan or maintain in-school deferment status for loans you may have borrowed in the past.

If you have questions about financial aid, requirements for aid, or student loans please contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid for assistance.

There are no prerequisite requirements for the MMA program. If you are interested in refreshing your skills prior to starting classes, we suggest MBA Math, specifically the Economics, Spreadsheets, and Statistics modules.